Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Once again I find myself falling behind in my travel-logging. But maybe I just need to let go of the idea that I have to keep a linear thread going here. I WILL write about my long-ass bus ride and the visit to my grandmother's grave, but right now, I feel like writing about this.

My cousin A and I had a long talk tonight about something I feel very comfortable sharing with friends, and frankly, sometimes virtual strangers. And yet it is so difficult to discuss with family members. So difficult, in fact, that I don't. This has to change and I feel I'm working towards that end, but I seem to have hit a bump in the road.

I understand what the bump means, mainly because I've run into so many before. The bumps mean I'm close to figuring out something big. For years, I was stopped behind one particularly bumpy bump; eventually, I just turned my back on it. Damn thing never left, no matter how long I ignored it. So I turned myself around and started climbing over it. I've handled several since then, some bigger than others. This current bump is a doozy. But it can be traversed. Good thing too, because I know there are plenty more waiting for me up ahead.

1 comment:

  1. ok. i hate to be a stick in the mud, but why not play around with TELLING WHAT THE BUMP IS. not yelling but just using capitols. :) please?

    ReplyDelete