Thursday, December 10, 2009

Bad, Bad Blogger

In a few hours I'll be on my way to New York City for a visit and my excitement in palpable. (that's for you, C) From Texas I traveled to California and visited wonderful friends and enjoyed spectacular weather and I promise to (eventually) write more about the last couple of weeks. But for the moment, all I can think about is going HOME!

These three months have gone by so quickly, as I've mentioned to anyone willing to listen lately. And then, when I really stop to think about it, it seems as if I've been gone so long. I realize three months isn't exactly an eternity, but it's a season! It's kids who've grown an inch and lost a couple of teeth. It's friends who've had an entire relationship begin and end. It's a park that's gone from autumnal splendor to wintry nakedness. It's many, many moments I'll never know about and can never reenact. Not that I'd want to. The many, many moments I lived on the road provided me a lot of insight, a whole bunch of fun and some desperately needed closeness with loved ones. I'm not sorry I left, but I'm more than thrilled to be returning! 

And I'm not exactly done with the adventure. I still have that pesky "what will I do with my life?" question to answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment