Sunday, October 25, 2009

other people's opinions

Here's a sampling of the reactions/advice I received from loved ones regarding this idea of mine to leave my life as I knew it and become an aimless wanderer:

(I'm paraphrasing here, people.)

The overwhelming majority: "WOW!"/"Sounds great!"/"Wish I could do the same!"/"You should definitely go to (insert far flung destination here-obviously from those with no comprehension of my budget constraints)"/"Can I come with you?"

My friend (yet another) K: "I think this is going to be really good for you.  I have a feeling you're going to meet a rugged Canadian and fall in love."  This, she said to me in early June and I've clung to it ever since.

Friend S: "I just feel like something really big and great is about to happen for you."  LOVE that woman.

Friend/former employer R: "Are you sure it's safe to be traveling alone?" Um.  I think so?

Various male friends of mine, including, but not limited to M,P,M,T,J,B: "You should carry a weapon with you.  At least some mace or something."  Hmmm, I never thought to be afraid until all of you people started planting seeds of fear in my head!  And no!

Sister LB: "It's really crazy, but I guess crazy is what you need right now." Yes!

Mom: "When do you think I'll ever see you again?" 

Dad: "I guess it COULD be good for you. Maybe. Perhaps. We'll see." 

Aunt M: "I've been to Nova Scotia.  I had to use an outhouse. Why on Earth would you want to go THERE?"


No comments:

Post a Comment