Thursday, November 10, 2011

Having not left the house for nearly 3 days (That 'Housewives of Atlanta' marathon wasn't going to watch itself!), I'd nearly forgotten it was still Autumn. After a way-too-early snow and three days in an unheated house, I kinda figured Winter had come to stay. But I did leave today and was reminded what a gorgeous neighborhood/state/region it is in which I live.

Maybe someday I'll completely stop complaining about being in the suburbs (Don't hold your breath.). Today gets a break because all of these old trees are displaying and/or shedding their most colorful leaves and seeing those bright yellows (Oak? I don't know from plants.) or one of those flaming reds, makes me all squishy inside. Although it was a crappy, rainy day, I started to think of kicking through the crunchy leaves and breathing in that crisp Fall air and I was happy to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment