Sunday, April 11, 2010

Another Quickie

How can I, at my age (36!) still scare myself silly? Yesterday, I made the idiotic mistake of watching a scary movie ("The Collector"-don't bother). I assumed it would be fine because I was watching during the day, D was in the house with me and she would be staying the night. Wrong.

While I got through last night fairly well, tonight (it's just past 2am), as I was finishing up a phone call with C and brushing my teeth as he regaled me with less-than-thrilling revelations from the new Oprah biography, I started to realize it was almost time for me to get to bed. Alone in the house. In the dark. With memories of The Collector (spoiler: it's the exterminator!) in my head. 

I thought of trying to keep C on the line until I fell asleep, but he was near exhaustion. And so, I'll be lying here, attempting to think of rainbows and blueberry muffins hoping I get enough sleep to keep myself from looking like a zombie for tomorrow's interview. But I will do so with the television running. And the lights on. And a baseball bat under the bed.

2 comments: