Friday, April 9, 2010

I Suck. Wanna Make Something of It?

Eventually, I'll need to double up on these posts. And I will; my list of topics hasn't even received so much as a glance yet. 

I'm skipping an out-of-town family event this weekend because I can't afford to go and I'm trying to figure out exactly how I feel about it. On the one hand, I'm proud of myself for not spending money I don't have, something I would have done in the past. But I don't like missing these get-togethers. It always feels like I'm missing something important: fun, bonding, future inside jokes. There'll be reports and photos, but it just isn't the same.

The other reason I'm staying put is an interview I have on Monday for a job. It's not a job I want to do, but it's a job at which I excel as well as one I can earn some decent money doing. The interview is a formality and I should start getting work right away. These will be temporary assignments, so I'm hoping they will be relatively pain-free. Maybe having somewhat of a schedule will be enough to pick up my mood which has been fairly sucky as of late. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment