Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I Know, I Know

I've skipped a couple of days. But I vow to have 30 posts up this month. It's not the pressure of writing everyday that is getting to me, I just keep forgetting. My life is not terribly busy at the moment, but I'm really trying to make it busier. 

The last time I looked for a job I was 11 years younger and not sure what it was I should be doing, but I had a few interesting connections, so I went on interviews at a few interesting companies. In the end, a job I wasn't looking for landed in my lap. It wasn't something I'd studied for, but it was something I did well and it was a job in which I became very much emotionally invested. It also consumed a great deal of my time and energy. While it wasn't what I'd planned on, that job provided me a livelihood and a whole lotta love. 

This is not the type of job I'm looking for now. I may not know exactly what I want, but I know I don't want the emotional investment anymore. Not from a job, not now. My hope is that I'll find enough work to keep me busy-ish (I still have plenty of my work to do.), allow me to meet some new people and bring in enough money to stop my worry, with a little to set aside for when I want stuff again.  Oh! And some health insurance wouldn't hurt either, although I suppose I can just wait a little while for that. And while I'm not going to say I'm willing to do ANYTHING, I'm kinda willing to do anything. 

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment