Thursday, January 28, 2010

D

More talk about surprising friends. Well, one friend. I literally picked this one out of thin air. One hot summer night, while scrolling through names and faces on facebook, searching for a man with a couple of particular characteristics, I came across D, but he was a name without a face. I decided to go out on a limb and shoot him a message. When he immediately answered back, I got excited and when I saw his photo...let's just say my excitement didn't wane. 

In the end, D and I only saw each other twice before he left New York to return home at the end of the summer. That second night we hung out will be etched in my mind as the craziest and some of the most fun I've ever had. Ever. Never did I imagine we'd still be talking to each other.

Across an ocean and a not insignificant time difference, not only have D and I maintained contact, but he now feels like my close confidante. Ours is a friendship forged almost entirely online, but now D may have a chance to come back to the States and I've found myself getting psyched about having him closer. I'm anxious to see how he's held up over the last, very rough 17 months. He deserves some good luck and hopefully, it's headed his way right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment