Sunday, January 31, 2010

I've read it takes thirty days to make a habit and I suppose I did get into the habit of writing here everyday. But that doesn't mean I'm not excited today is the last day of the month. However self-imposed it may have been, I needed the pressure of other people knowing I made the promise of daily posts. Funny, I've never been great taking pressure from an outside source, but then when I turn it on myself, I still need to be checked up on every once in a while. 

In the past, when I've set a goal for myself, I would often keep it to myself. The embarrassment of possible failure kept me from sharing it with anyone. Lately I've tried extra hard to talk openly about my plans (when I have them) and I've realized what a great idea that is. Not only does it help me stay accountable, it offers me encouragement as well. Getting a message or a phone call about something I've written gives me a little thrill. Even if it's just from my mom.

So, will I continue to post everyday? No. But I will make an effort to share what I'm thinking more often. And I'm renewing my resolution from New Year's Day, too. Remember the "wake up with a positive attitude" thing? Yeah, I pretty much forgot it too. Here's to February 1st and fresh, new hopefulness. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment