Saturday, January 9, 2010

Remember everything I wrote yesterday? Forget it. After spending the better part of today in pajamas on C's sofa, drifting in and out of consciousness, a case can be made for the wonderful feeling of NOT having to make oneself presentable. But, the fun I had last night was worth the trouble.

Just being out in the city with friends is enough to make me happy. Even in the bordering-on-bitter cold, the energy of an unfamiliar neighborhood and a hidden little speakeasy under a nondescript spanish restaurant can excite me. Add a few friends, a few vodka&sodas and a cute boy and it's a real party. 

Before the aforementioned boy and I left the party, I had a chance to talk with M. She's a wonderful woman I met last year when I crashed her boyfriend's birthday party. Both of them are fantastic people; the kind who make you feel at ease and interesting and an essential part of the conversation. Also got to hear about J's budding romance: proof one's life can look completely different from one week to the next. Dancing to Blondie and The Vapors was icing on the cake. 

More fun to be had tonight; time moves too quickly for my taste sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment