Thursday, January 14, 2010

Snooki

I really, really, really wish I didn't love The Jersey Shore as much as I clearly do. Don't misunderstand, I'm not ashamed to admit I like trash tv, but for some reason this train wreck captivates me like no other. I'm watching it this very minute and frankly, I'm not paying much attention to writing. 

Normally, I get upset about the intelligence that seems lacking on most reality shows. As far as I can tell, no one at The Jersey Shore is intimidating their fellow shore dwellers with their smarts. 

Uncalled for violence usually makes me cringe. So why was I waiting with bated breath for Snooki to get punched in the face?

I'm not attracted to juiced-up, tanned guidos, but I can't get enough of The Situation. I don't think the explanation is as simple as the old "train wreck" theory. Perhaps it's a combination of all those awful things that blend to create an unmissable televised event? Let's go with that. 

Quiet, now! Paulie D is saying something undoubtably wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment