Sunday, January 3, 2010

EVery Day?

Lots of snow in Massachusetts and it's had me fairly housebound for the weekend. Can I piece together a compelling post about shoveling and Yahtzee!? I won, if that makes a difference. Also, I got a new shovel for Christmas, so that's pretty exciting.
  
I went clothes shopping a few days ago; that was new. Full disclosure: when I was in Los Angeles, I bought a dress, but I was just tagging along with my friend R and it was on supersale and I was looking ahead to job interviews. And it was the type of dress I never pictured myself in and it looked decent in the dressing room mirror. Fairly impossible to pass up.

But this trip was premeditated. My niece, D and I stopped at the store after her doctor's appointment; I was looking for a cute top for my date the next day, and using a gift certificate I'd been given. Cute top was found (and worn on date), along with a sweater. 

So, what's my point? Hmmmmm. Well, it was kind of a big deal to me, to purposely go out looking to acquire new things. Having more stuff makes me worried I won't be able to pick up and go at a moment's notice. Mind you, I'm not going anywhere right this moment, but I like knowing I can. But I realize I need to be practical and have more than 3 outfits should I ever actually get a job. 

Now, if one of these write-at-home-in-your-pajamas type of jobs comes my way, I'll go back to feeling guilty about the new clothes. Or not. A girl DOES need cute tops if she's to have a date every so often. Please, let me have a date every so often! 

Date update tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment