Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Today chatted on line with two different men (well, more, but only two of them are relevant to my story), read the blog of a woman (which I check everyday for a new post) and had dinner with another woman. What do all of these people have in common? They attended middle school with me. (R, M, K, B-respectively)

Never would I have imagined I'd be spending this much time communicating with people who saw me wearing braces and making unfortunate eyeshadow choices. B and I have always stayed in touch, so it's not surprising I still know her. But now that I'm living near her, we seem to have settled into a regular visiting schedule. We have a good time together, just like we always did. And I adore her husband and kids. I like having a constant in my life. Especially one in the form of a non-family member, someone you doesn't have to tolerate me.

Reading K's blog has been an inspiration to me, not just to write more, but to think in a new way. The more I read about her, the more I want to know more.

R and I lost touch for a while and he isn't a consistent presence in my life, but I'm always happy to hear from him and get an update about his life.

And then there's M (who doesn't believe I'm actually writing about him tonight). He was a facebook find and has quickly become a near daily touchstone.

What does it say about me that I have all of these people in my life again/still? The negative part of me would say it's because I've regressed. But I'm not listening to that part. Instead, I'm choosing to believe I was good judge of character at 13 and I still am.


***This was all typed up last night, but when I went to post it, the blogger server was down and I thought I'd lost it all. After a hefty dose of nyquil and a decent night's sleep, I found a portion of this entry had been saved; I finished it up, again, this morning. It counts as yesterday's post. It counts!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment