Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Just got back from seeing Eddie Izzard with K (up from New York) (must explore why so many of my friends have a K or C initial)and her family. There really is something special about watching a person you know from one context in another. K and I hung out a bit in high school and hang out a bit now. We get dinner or go drinking, usually surrounded by friends. She's charming and quick and always has good stories to share.

Tonight, I got to hang out with her , along with her mother and brother. They're charming and quick and have good stories and I very much liked them. I suppose a person who didn't have such a lovely family wouldn't be so willing to hoist them unto friends, but sometimes one doesn't know one's own family isn't lovely.

I've always found that people who speak well of their families are, in general, people I like. There are a few exceptions, but I do get a bit worried when someone doesn't have anything positive to say about his/her kin. I've written plenty here about my own family and how fond I am of the people who comprise it, so I'll skip talking about them tonight for fear their heads will swell. And because I just made it under my deadline!


No comments:

Post a Comment