Friday, January 22, 2010

Tired

This week felt very long. I was sick. I was waiting on boys to call me. I was not finding a job. All adding up to make extra long days. 

There was the one very fun night. Repeatable? Remains to be seen. I can live with it being a stand-alone event (sounds so much better than "one night stand"), but ultimately, that's not what I'm after.

There was the fun evening I assumed would have at least a few follow-ups. I'm sort of not okay with the way things turned out, because it means either I'm a terrible judge of a situation or I'm not as wonderful and charming as I assumed myself to be. That man actually stopped in the middle of our conversation and told me he was "having a blast" and asked if I felt similarly. Then the brush-off. Oy. I'm too tired to try to make sense of THAT. But even with a good night's sleep, it will never make sense to me.

There was the guy who flaked on me tonight. Basically. He asked me out numerous times. I make plans, check train schedules. He flakes. J suggested he was in a terrible accident. I can only hope so.

I'm trying, here. All I can do is keep putting myself out there, stay positive and keep perfecting my eyeliner application. Not to mention the job applications...

No comments:

Post a Comment